Tax season is upon us and if you have a taxable brokerage account or took a distribution from an IRA then you have a 1099 tax form to show for it. You’ll want to login to Schwab and collect these 1099 forms and turn them over to your tax professional. If you’re using a software like TurboTax, you can import these forms through TurboTax’s portal.
For video instructions on how to access your 1099 tax documents, click the video below:
Desktop/laptop instructions for tax forms
To access your tax documents from a desktop computer or laptop, follow these steps:
- Login to your account at Schwab.com
- Navigate to statements as shown in the image below:
- This opens your 1099 dashboard, be sure to select “All Brokerage Accounts”
- Download PDF versions of all available 1099 forms and click the downloaded file at the bottom of your browser window
- Click the printer icon from your downloaded 1099 viewer and select “Save as PDF” and hit save
The file has now been saved on your computer and can be emailed to your tax professional or uploaded to your tax software.
Mobile instructions for tax forms
To access your tax documents from a mobile device, follow these steps:
- Login to the Schwab mobile app and click “more” in the lower right hand corner and then select “Client Service”
- Select “1099 Tax Forms” from the drop down options
- This will pull up all available 1099 forms and allow for downloading or emailing
If you need any help accessing your tax forms please email us at email@example.com.
Don’t want to miss anything?
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter for market insights.